April 2014 Newsletter
We wanted to send you out a quick newsletter recapping some amazing work that has been done and some that is upcoming.
First, thanks to everyone who filled out the BetaNYC member survey. You have given us a fairly clear direction on where to go next. A question that looms over the organizers is how to provide you with a more training and data exploration opportunities. For the rest of the year, we’re going to focus on that. You can read some of the report’s data via wufoo. (Who loves pie charts?)
OH, and the winners to our Personal Democracy Conference raffle are…
- Anna Lukasiak, won the PDF 2014 ticket.
- Courtney Bolton, Florent Peyre, Larua Forlano, Martha Garvey, and Yoni Miller won a one year subscription to Personal Democracy Plus!
LAST NIGHT’S EVENT
Thank you Regional Plan Association and Ontodia for hosting last night’s awesome event! Don’t forget to add your project to our Project page.
- 16 April – Civic Hacknight & Smart Cities Tutorial at IBM
- 23 April – #BikeNYC / @CitibikeNYC Hacknight, featuring CitiBike trip data.
- 25 April – CivicFridays 003
- 30 April – Civic Hacknight at Blue Ridge
- 28 May – BetaTalk – @CitibikeNYC / #BikeNYC app showcase 002
FEATURED PRESS AND PROJECTS
- Anita Schmid and the BetaNYC list worked to produce an amazing map of Daycare centers.
- CM Brad Lander is looking for our advice on how to improve the city’s crime and crash map.
- Jeff Ferzoco worked with the Rudin Center to produce early visualizations of CitiBike trip data.
- A question on Askthem.io (a local version of ‘We the People’) has prompted a response. Now, the City Council will draft legislation for consideration!
CONNECT WITH US