The countdown is on for the 5th annual NYC Open Data Week!! Our Open Data Week Team is looking for virtual volunteers from March 6th to 14th to help facilitate this year’s festivities.
Want to join us? Learn more below and complete the volunteer application by Friday, February 26th at 12:00pm.
This year, we will see more than fifty virtual events taking place across a number of different thematic domains. Every event has a person or group responsible for its organization and is sorted into a thematic domain curated by a subject-matter expert who helps to guide the direction of events across their area of expertise.
The Open Data Week 2021 domains include:
- Art and Media
- Civic Engagement, Community Building and Democracy
- Civic Innovation and Service Design
- COVID 19, Health, and Environment
- Data Ethics and Policy
- Digital Divide and Internet Health
- Housing and Urban Planning
- Home School of Data
Accepted volunteers will be assigned to a domain and lend their support to event organizers and curators within it. Tasks could include things like:
- Taking detailed notes during an event
- Helping an event organizer facilitate their break out rooms
- Helping an event organizer monitor the chat and answering questions
- Keeping time during an event
- Helping an event organizer prepare for their event
- Creating promo materials in advance of an event
- Helping organizers set up their virtual event’s RSVP link
- And other small things that people may need support with in this new virtual world!
We hope that volunteering at Open Data Week 2021 helps YOU build meaningful connections with people in your fields of interest while supporting this community festival, and the people who want to share and learn more about data.
Interested in showing off your skills and meeting awesome people? You should APPLY!
If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The NYC Open Data Week 2021 team