Hello everyone and happy Friday! We hope this post finds you well as the weather warms up. We are pleased to present to you our week-in-review, and this week features a lot of interesting developments in our community! Take care!
This Week in NYC Civic Tech
- Read up on the latest edition of The_Message, our monthly newsletter! Also, be sure to subscribe for future editions!
- Today is the last day of #PRIDE SUMMIT 2022! There’s still time to register to join an upcoming speed networking event at 4pm EST.
- The Civic Engagement Commission is holding a public hearing on June 22 at 5:30pm to discuss lowering the minimum voting age for citywide participatory budgeting. When joining, use meeting number 2634 042 2342 and password CECpublichearing. For phone access, dial 1-408-418-9388, and when prompted, use Access code 2634 042 2342. If you have any questions, reach out to email@example.com.
- Have you seen this recent tweet from Second Ave. Sagas? Some of you have provided some fascinating insights on this development on Slack — what are your thoughts? Join our Slack group and respond to today’s post.
- The City University of New York has started a new initiative called the Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE), and they are looking for people to conduct workshops with CUNY education faculty! If you’re interested, be sure to fill out the proposal by 5PM TODAY.
- Do you have any thoughts on accessing or creating a map of afterschool programs throughout the city? Isabella Fante has this map from the NYC Open Data Portal and is looking for insights.
- Natarajan Krishnaswami recently highlighted this fascinating upcoming book due to be released in August. You can place your pre-orders now.
- This Sunday is the Puerto Rican Day Parade! If you are interested in marching with Manhattan Borough President Mark Levine and being in the parade, reach out to Mariel De La Cruz at (mariel.delacruz@Manhattanbp.nyc.gov) with your name, contact, and number of people that will be attending with you. Hope to see you there!
- June 10 at 4pm #PRIDE SUMMIT 2022
- June 12 The Puerto Rican Day Parade
- June 22 at 5:30pm Civic Engagement Commission’s Public Hearing
- June 28 at 11am Rules as Code Demo Day
- June 30 Women in Tech New York 2022
Jobs Alert (for other jobs, check out #Jobs on our Slack)
- The Urban Design Office at the Department of City Planning is hiring a Computational Urban Designer.
- Jigsaw Labs is recruiting a Junior Data Engineer.
- Redox is seeking a Junior Business Process Engineer.
That’s a wrap! If you have any suggestions, be sure to reach out to Gabrielle Langston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to share your events, announcements, and anything else that’s happening for next week’s post. Have a great weekend, and see you next week!