Hi everyone, we hope this message finds you well as we approach the weekend! It’s time for our week-in-review, and we’re pleased to share some exciting upcoming events in the spirit of Juneteenth! Happy Juneteenth, and a special shout-out to all the papas — Happy Father’s Day!
Let us know your thoughts on this post by replying directly or through use of your favorite emoji. Take care!
This Week in NYC Civic Tech
- Our team has grown and is here to help! If you need support with open data, enlist our help with our RADAR services.
- Catch up on the latest edition of The_Message, our monthly newsletter! And be sure to subscribe for future editions.
- The New York State Senate and New York State Assembly recently passed the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Act of New York! Read more about the bill, courtesy of the New York State Senate.
- Riders Alliance published a plan for public safety. Have you read it? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below.
- June 17 – 19 Celebrate Juneteenth at MoMI
- June 18 at 10:30am Schomburg Center Literary Festival
- June 18 – 19 Juneteenth Food Festival
- June 19 Honoring Juneteenth at the Brooklyn Museum
- June 19 at 12 pm Broadway Celebrates Juneteenth
- June 19 at 4pm Living Proud! Life after modern day slavery
- June 19 at 7pm I Dream a Dream That Dreams Back at Me: A Juneteenth Celebration
- June 20 – July 1 2022 PIT-UN Summer Speaker Series
- June 22 at 5:30pm Civic Engagement Commission’s Public Hearing
- June 26 at 1pm 2022 Queer Liberation March
Jobs Alert (for other jobs, check out #Jobs on our Slack)
- Queens College is hiring a Research Aide for the summer. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- A Brooklyn-based social impact startup is recruiting a Senior Engineer! If you are interested, reach out to Tiasia O’Brien via Slack.
That’s it for this week. If you have any feedback or suggestions, reach out to Gabrielle Langston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to share your events, announcements, and anything else that’s happening for next week’s post. Take care, and see you next week!