July 15, 2022
Greetings everyone and happy Friday! We’re pleased to present our week-in-review, with some interesting developments. Take care and see you next week!
This Week in NYC Civic Tech
- Our July newsletter is here. Read up and be sure to subscribe for future editions!
- The NYC Districting Commission just released the preliminary City Council maps. What are your thoughts on the proposed redistricting?
- The NYC Analytics Exchange is looking for speakers for this year’s Learning Summit. The deadline for their call for proposals is Friday, August 19 — get your proposals in today!
- We have some important upcoming deadlines for the August Primary in NY! The New York Civic Engagement Table recently shared some important election dates. Mark your calendars — the voter registration deadline is Friday July 29.
- Do you know about Amy Paris and her trailblazing work in the White House? Either way, you have to read this wonderful profile. Amy Paris is working one step at a time to better LGBTQ+ lives and is our hero.
- Have you read this powerful essay from Panthea Lee? This feature piece discusses how art can heal grief and trauma. How do you think we can leverage art in our current environment?
- July 16 City of Water Day 2022
- July 25 at 6pm Roe vs Wade Decision – An Open Discussion
- July 28 Applied Urban Science Conference (deadline to register is today!)
- September 7-9 DesignOps Summit
- September 23 – 25 Data for Black Lives III (D4BL III)
- October 4 The data dividend: powering the data-driven enterprise
- October 28-29 Public Interest Technology University Network Annual Convening
Jobs Alert (for other jobs, check out our Jobs channel in Slack)
- TechCongress is now accepting applications for their 2023 Congressional Innovation Fellowship!
- The Fund for Public Health in New York City is hiring a Data Engineer.
- The College of Staten Island is seeking volunteers for their mock technical interview sessions with members.
That’s all for today. If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, reach out to Gabrielle Langston at email@example.com. Also, feel free to share your events, announcements, and anything else that’s happening for next week’s post. Have a great weekend and stay safe!