July 29, 2022
Hello everyone and greetings from the other side of the heat wave! It’s Friday, and time for our week-in-review. As always, let us know what you think of these updates with your favorite emoji. Take care and see you next week!
This Week in NYC Civic Tech
- Boundaries Map, our guide to learning your community district lines has officially been updated thanks to Eva Decker! Check it out and let us know what you think by replying to this post.
- The NYC Department of Records & Information Services recently updated their Historical Vital Records, which means more insightful info on birth, death, and marriage records!
- We have a primary election next month and today is the last day to register to vote! Mark your calendars — early voting is August 13 to 21, while election day is August 23.
- THE CITY, Columbia Journalism Investigations and Type Investigations published a helpful guide of support resources for children who lost a parent or guardian during COVID. Please share this information with family and friends.
- NPR released a series of hurricane flood maps predicting the climate future for cities such as NYC, Miami and Washington D.C. What are your thoughts? Reply to this post to let us know.
- July 31 at 3:30pm North Brooklyn Waterfront Guided Tour
- August 2 at 5pm Beginner’s Guide To Data Science
- August 15 at 9:30am Ready for Revolution 2022
- August 16 at 12pm Data Talk: Build Your Open Data Lakehouse on Apache Iceberg
Jobs Alert (for other jobs, check out the Jobs channel in Slack)
- Lesbians Who Tech & Allies is hiring a Director of Production & Project Management and Operations Associate / Manager.
- Consumer Reports Digital Lab is seeking a Research Engineer, Software Engineer and Head of Experimental Engineering.
- Numina is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer, Full Stack Software Engineer and Head of Customer Success.
That’s all for today. If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, reach out to Gabrielle Langston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to share your events, announcements, and anything else that’s happening for next week’s post. Have a great weekend!