August 12, 2022
Hello everyone, happy Friday! It’s time for our week-in-review, and there’s plenty to share. See you next week!
P.S. – Early voting starts tomorrow for the August primary!
- Find your early voting or election day voting site
- Locate your Congressional and State Senate Districts
- View a sample ballot
- Election Day is on Tuesday, August 23 and early voting is August 13-21.
- The deadline to return absentee ballots is Tuesday, August 23.
This Week in NYC Civic Tech
- Catch our latest newsletter and be sure to subscribe for future editions!
- Yesterday the NYC Council passed a historic maternal health package to address disparities in maternal health, mortality, and morbidity.
- Have you been following the news on this year’s NYC schools budget? Chalkbeat does an interesting breakdown with regards to student enrollment.
- Reporters from the Washington Post took a tour of the IRS pipeline, which reinforced why the agency needs additional funding.
- Did you catch Wednesday’s NY-10 debate? If not, catch up on some of the highlights.
- The MTA released details for congestion pricing, and Gothamist provided a breakdown. What do you think of these developments? Also note, there will be a series of public hearings starting August 25 from 5-8pm.
- Aug 17 at 4pm Data Jobs Info Session with America Votes
- Aug 22 at 1pm NLP Talk: Improving Search Results with Semantic Search
- Aug 25-31 (except Aug 26) EA Central Business District Tolling Program Public Hearing
Jobs Alert (for other jobs, check out the Jobs channel in Slack)
- Code for America’s Brigade Congress will take place October 14-16 in St. Louis! If you’re interested in helping organize the event, be sure to sign up right away.
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap is looking for a Senior Product Designer.
- NYU Wagner is seeking a Research Project Administrator.
- The Association for Progressive Communications’ Women’s Rights Programme (APC WRP) is hiring a Women’s Rights Policy Advocacy Coordinator.
That concludes today’s updates. If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, reach out to Gabrielle Langston at email@example.com. Also, feel free to share your events, announcements, and anything else that’s happening for next week’s post. Take care!