Welcome to NYC Civic Hack Nights!
Join us for a monthly project night to demystify technology, data, and design. Hack nights are for technologists, designers, developers, data scientists, map makers, civil servants, and activists who are working on “civic technology” projects. Consider this to be community office hours to improve you and the city.
Grab your internet connected device that can plug into a zoom meeting, connect your power supply, grab a headset and notepad. Note — we will be using zoom to host these meetups and for presenters to share their screens. Therefore, you might want a larger screen.
Hack nights are for you to:
- learn about open source civic tech projects,
- get inspired to start a new project,
- get feedback from your neighbors, or
- learn about tools, data sets, or design practices for local empowerment, open data, and open government.
- Thursday, 24 February 2022, 6pm – 7:30/8pm
- Virtual via Zoom. We’ll start all together for a brief presentation and introduction. Then, we’ll have our presenters present their projects. Depending on number of participants and number of questions, we might break up in breakout rooms for 20 – 30 mins.
- This event will be recorded.
- Register via Zoom
This month’s presenters:
Stay in touch and hack night resources:
- If you’re interested in following up with the speakers or fellow participants, join our slack at https://slack.beta.nyc
- If you just want to tune into BetaNYC’s monthly civic newsletter, subscribe at https://beta.nyc/programs/community/#Newsletter
- If you want to present at a future hack night, send us an email with your name, project title, description, and link. Also include, what you want to get out of a hack night to < email@example.com >.
Code of Conduct:
BetaNYC, a partner project of the Fund for the City of New York, is committed to hosting safe and open events for all. By attending this event you are committing yourself to BetaNYC’s Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policy.